Chief EconomistDownload Documents
Forum Fisheries Agency
FFA now has an exciting opportunity for a Chief Economist to join their team in Honiara, Solomon Islands, on a 3-year contract, with renewal subject to performance appraisals and availability of funding.
Reporting to the Director of Fisheries Development, and leading a team of up to 4 professional staff, you will be providing technical oversight and guidance to the Economics Intelligence Unit, to ensure the development, coordination, and production of high-quality economic and financial analysis and advice on all aspects of Pacific tuna fisheries.
Some of your key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Overseeing the collection of data, periodic assessment, and other economic analysis for the Western and Central Pacific Tuna Fishery;
- Leading bio-economic modelling of the WCPO tuna fishery at the regional, sub-regional and national levels, using economics to drive management of the fisheries;
- Preparing fisheries access briefs including the development and negotiation of multilateral access arrangements for FFA Executive and members;
- Liaising with and contributing to the work of other FFA Divisions, sub-regional and regional organisations;
- Contributing to reporting requirements for FFA and Donors as required;
- Leading the development of work plans for the Economic Intelligence Unit and its staff; and
- Preparing briefing notes and advice for members in support of FFC, Sub-regional, US Treaty and other relevant meetings as required.
Download our document for more details.
Applications close Tuesday 16th March 2021, at 11:30pm AEST
To apply, click here https://piffa.applynow.net.au/jobs/132295-chief-economist