Strategic Communications ManagerDownload Documents
Forum Fisheries Agency
- Do you have a background in communications, PR, marketing, journalism or similar?
- Important senior opportunity to lead the communications strategies of an intergovernmental organisation in the Pacific
- Excellent salary negotiable from US$89,292.00 - US$104,567.00 (with Base salary, basic allowances and Superannuation)
- Make the ultimate sea change and help support the sustainable development of Pacific Island countries and protect the region's valuable tuna resources
FFA is now looking for a full-time Strategic Communications Manager to join their team in Honiara, in the Solomon Islands on a three-year fixed term contract, with possibility for renewal pending performance appraisals.
Reporting to the Director-General through to the Deputy Director General and working closely with senior management, the successful applicant will primarily be primarily responsible for developing new communication strategies and driving communication initiatives that support the FFA to achieve its organisational priorities.
Some of the key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Managing the FFA's branding and corporate identity to both protect reputation and promote the FFA's work;
- Overseeing and managing the FFA's internal communication, across the organisation's staff, and external communications throughout the Pacific region and internationally;
- Providing strategic oversight of communications for major projects, change initiatives, and announcements
- Developing communication tools and resources to build the capacity of key staff and member nations;
- Providing regular reports on progress of work and giving strategic advice/recommendations to senior management; and
- Drafting media releases, creating social media updates, updating the FFA's website and providing oversight for other media channels, if unable to be delegated.
For more information about the role, download the document.
Applications close TUE 30JUN, 2020 at 11pm (AEST)