Legal AdvisorDownload Documents
Forum Fisheries Agency
FFA has an opportunity for a Legal Advisor to join their team in Honiara, Solomon Islands, on a 3-year contract, with renewal subject to performance appraisals and availability of funding. Depending on where you are currently based, you may also begin the role remotely and make the move to Honiara once you are able.
Reporting to the Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for providing legal advice on all aspects of FFA's work, implementing legal frameworks and assisting with the review of national legislation and providing advice on international fisheries law.
- Provide effective technical legal advice to the secretariat and member countries on fisheries and related legislation;
- Research and develop legal frameworks for alternative fisheries management models that would enhance management of the region's tuna;
- Assist member countries in the development of model management and legal frameworks to facilitate the sustainable harvesting of the regions tuna resource;
- Support the development and formulation of Negotiation Briefs for member countries in international fisheries negotiations;
- Undertake periodic reviews of regional, subregional and national arrangements; and
- Advise member countries in connection with the detection, apprehension and prosecution of fishing vessels engaged in illegal activities.
For the full Position Description, download our document.
To apply, click here: https://piffa.applynow.net.au/jobs/137231-legal-advisor
Applications will close on Monday, November 8th.